Openness & Quality — our Development Paradigm — our Form of Customer Orientation
Our software development combines many years of experience in web development and process-accompanying development of the translation industry with the latest, object-oriented, yet still pragmatic software architecture. At the same time, we attach great importance to extensive source code documentation.
This way, our source code can remain well maintained and read even in the long run - even for outside developers. A good developer should be able to read good source code like a good book - that is our claim.
It is our hope that you work with us, because this is the best solution for you !
Our Product Portfolio: translate5, translation portals & process automation and E-Commerce-Shop solutions
Our software development is focusing on the translation industry and e-commerce-shop solutions. However, since we are working with highly developed software libraries, systems, and programming languages widespread on the market, other developments are also possible at any time!
translate5 — Open Source web-based translation system
With translate5 MittagQI develops a web- or cloud-based translation system for proofreaders and translators, which sets standards:
- Because of its usability, it is preferred by users to other systems, especially when it comes to editing
- All user interactions with the server are controllable via API by design
- External functionality of other systems can easily integrated as micro services via plug-ins
The following shows an overview, what translate5 offers to you!
Translation Portals & Process Automation
You would like to automate your translation processes with or without Across and SDL Trados as completely as possible? You would like to offer your clients an easy to handle interface for all needs? We are developing solutions tailored to you for translation service providers and industry businesses. An example is t5Connect, the process automation, that connects our own software translate5 as In-Context Review in the review process of Across.
E-Commerce Shop Solutions
For many years, we have been serving and developing e-commerce shop solutions. We will be happy to serve your shop, as well, and tailor it to your individual needs! An example of our work is the shop of satnam.de. This shop has been built in close cooperation with our customer and Jochen Gewecke, a graphic designer.
Software Development Competencies
Overview of Our Competencies
- Zend Framework
- OsCommerce (not state-of-the-art, but still widespread and supported by us with many years of experience)
Automated Testing with phpUnit and interface testing
A larger software whose development should continue, should always be deposited with tests nowadays. Only by doing to can be ensured, that existing functionality reliable continues to do, what one expects it to do.
Important for individual software development in this context is the right balance between effort and benefit in the development of tests. In many cases it can make sense not to implement a test for each function, but to check with interface and functionality tests, that a certain component exactly does, what you expect it to do.
In detail, automated testing offers the following advantages:
- For software updates (e.g. of a framework) it can be checked without difficulties, if the entire application still does, what it should. If necessary, it can be very quickly determined "where it is crashing".
- In future development stages, you can test with the touch of a button, if the current functionality is still guaranteed.
- When including third-party developers, the respective developer is able to test very easily, if the entire application is still working after his additions. For that, he does not depend on detailed knowledge of the application in areas, which are not of his concern.
In the long run, higher code quality and reliability of the software can be assured this way. With software further developed for long term in large projects, you can count on cost savings aside from improved stability.